Roanoke Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
When you placed your loved one in a nursing home, you thought they’d be in a safe environment, and that compassionate, experienced professionals would be taking care of them. Unfortunately, as millions of senior citizens can attest to, that’s not always the case.
If you know that your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect, you should do two things:
- Contact the nurse and/or facility administrator to see that the situation has been resolved and that your loved one is no longer in danger.
- Depending on the severity of the situation (like sexual assault), contact the police or have the facility transfer the person to a hospital for immediate attention (such as falls or bedsores).
Sadly, many nursing home facilities are understaffed which can result in:
- medication errors
- pressure ulcers and bedsores
- physical assaults
- verbal assaults
- sexual assaults
- poor feeding
- inadequate security
- inadequate supervision resulting in residents being allowed to wander away from the facility
- inadequate supervision resulting in physical or sexual abuse from other residents
Fortunately, there is something you can do. Many laws, both at the federal and state level, were created to protect American citizens from enduring abuse, neglect and pain. My name is Paul Thomson, and I’m a Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorney. I protect and represent elderly victims who have been abused or neglected and the family members of the victims who have passed away after suffering in these facilities.
I understand the intricacies of these types of cases. Since 1995, my clients have chosen me to handle their cases involving assisted living facilities and nursing homes. These cases can be complex, time consuming and expensive. They are also vigorously defended by the nursing home or facility. After all, nursing homes and assisted living facilities are part of a multi-billion dollar industry that has the potential to put profits above the care and safety of patients.
You – and your loved one – have rights. And you don’t want this to happen to anyone else. I believe that our aging population should be treated with dignity, integrity and respect. If you believe that your family member has been a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, we can have a frank, open discussion about the situation. Call my office today at (540) 777-4900 or toll free at 1-877-471-3353. As always, there is no charge, and no obligation required.