Child Injury & Abuse Attorney
As a parent, you can never be fully prepared for a serious accident to happen to your child. The effects of an injury can be devastating. Not only to the child, but to the whole family. And when you have to deal with liability, insurance, medical visits and paperwork, it can quickly go from bad to worse.
- dog or animal attacks
- car accidents
- child abuse
- defective or dangerous recalled toys
- defective or dangerous cribs
- defective or dangerous infant, toddler or child products
- inadequate supervision at day care or summer camps
- falls occurring on unsafe property
- improper use of child restraints
- lack of supervision near heat sources and fires resulting in burns
How Severe Was the Accident?
Depending on the extent of the injuries, you and your family can face unexpected and catastrophic medical bills. You’ll also have to take time off work to stay home and make sure your child fully recuperates. You won’t—and you shouldn’t—be satisfied until your child can return to their normal routine as much as possible.
If your child is left with a handicap as a result of the injury, your family can also be faced with a mountain of future medical expenses and treatment. Costs to modify your home or vehicle may also be involved.
If you face uncertainty about what the future holds for your family, you should talk to someone who specializes in children’s injuries and can help you move forward.
It pays to have an attorney with experience in cases involving child injury or death. I am Paul Thomson, and I have worked with many children and their families to successfully right the wrongs that have been done to them.
I know how to treat your family with the understanding, compassion and empathy that is required to put frightened children at ease. Since 1995, I’ve been providing straightforward and compassionate advice for families. Cases I’ve successfully handled include:
- A young boy who fell down an elevator shaft and was severely injured.
- An infant who died as a result of a defective crib.
- A young boy severely burned by defective glue.
- A young boy killed by a defective soccer goal.
- A young boy severely burned when a stove at an apartment complex tipped over
- A young boy who had his leg severely broken in a car crash.
- A child who was sexually abused while at a day care center.
- A toddler who suffered a broken femur while at a day care center.
- A little girl whose scalp was torn off by a vicious dog.
We will discuss in detail about what you and your child will go through if you decide to move forward with a case. Regardless of what you decide to do, you should at least know all of the options so your child and family can begin to heal.
Call my office today at (540) 777-4900 or toll free at 1-877-471-3353. As always, there is no charge, and no obligation required. You are welcome to bring your children to the appointment.
Does it seem like you’re always hearing about baby and children’s product recalls in the news? Safety critical items such as cribs, car seats, high chairs, strollers, play yards and infant carriers can cause death or serious injury if they fail to work properly.
Here are a few tips to preventing injuries from these defective products:
- Make it a habit to check the Internet and the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) website. You’re looking for any recent recalls or safety-related complaints.
- Do not buy any of the above mentioned items used at yard sales or children’s specialty shops.
- Generally, children’s toys will have an age limit. Abide by those recommendations. Many toys that contain smaller items can be swallowed by small children, presenting a choking hazard.
Many items not generally thought of as dangerous have caused serious injuries or death to children. For instance, household blinds have been responsible for strangulation injuries or deaths to small children….portable soccer goals can be tipped over by the wind or climbing and have been responsible for the deaths and serious injuries of children….defective portable play yards have collapsed causing serious injury or death….portable strollers have collapsed, ejecting toddlers or babies out of them….snaps on toddlers’ sleepwear can come off and present choking hazards….baby pacifiers can separate causing the infant to choke and/or die….surface paint on toys can contain lead, posing a threat to children….bicycle steering tubes can break causing steering problems resulting in accidents with serious injuries….the list goes on. To find out more, visit the CPSC site here.
Protect the rights of your child and your family. If you have any questions or want to know how a Child Injury or Abuse Attorney can help, don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact us today by calling our office at (540) 777-4900 or toll free at 1-877-471-3353.