Car, Truck & Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Roanoke
You never think it will happen to you. One second you’re driving along and the next, you became the victim of a serious auto accident. Now, your life is consumed by medical bills, paperwork and dealing with insurance companies. You wonder if you will ever get back to a normal routine.
The more severe your injuries, the more important it is to find a lawyer who has experience dealing with severe injuries. The right lawyer will do many things to make sure you’re compensated fairly, including making sure that all available insurance coverage has been located. If your crash involved a commercial vehicle, you need an attorney who is familiar with all the federal and state regulations that apply to commercial motor vehicles.
It is important to get an attorney as quickly as possible. I say this for a few reasons:
- The more serious the injury, the faster the insurance company and/or the trucking company will want to get the vehicle(s) off to a salvage lot, complicating your efforts to get photographs to document how severe the impact was.
- In some cases, it may become necessary to download the “black box” data from your vehicle or the data from the vehicle that is at fault. Not everyone is qualified to do that. And, if not done properly, the evidence may be lost or the Court may not allow it to be introduced at trial.
Attorney Paul Thomson: By Your Side from Start to Finish
I am attorney Paul Thomson, and I understand the devastating affects an accident of this magnitude can have on your life. That’s why I only handle cases involving serious injuries, broken bones, brain injury, paralysis, disfigurement or scarring from cuts or burns and death. I devote my practice exclusively to a few select, serious cases – ensuring that you’ll have my full time, attention and resources.
Your case will never be assigned to a paralegal or young associate. If we decide to work together, I’ll personally handle your case. From the beginning of the case through to trial, I’ll be by your side.
I’ve tried and settled numerous personal injury cases resulting from automobile crashes. The amounts won range from a few thousand dollars all the way to $21 million dollars. I’ve handled cases involving crash injuries such as eye injuries, facial scarring, fractured vertebrae, fractured wrists, fractured ankles, other fractured bones, traumatic brain injury, paralysis and even death.
I work throughout the entire state of Virginia and West Virginia and have handled accident cases involving:
- Single cars
- Multiple cars
- Tractor trailers
- Commercial vehicles
- Bicycle and Motor Vehicles
- Pedestrian and Motor Vehicles
In my former life, I was an insurance adjuster. This has helped me to uncover all available sources of insurance coverage. And actually, in several cases, I was able to determine that more coverage existed than the insurance company originally said existed.
I will put my knowledge and experience to work for you, too. If you’d like to have a conversation about the circumstances surrounding your accident, call me at (540) 777-4900 or toll free at 1-877-471-3353. As always, there is no charge, and no obligation required.
- Make sure that the police are called and a report is filed
- Get the name, address and phone number of the driver and owner of the other vehicle(s).
- Get the name and policy number of the driver’s insurance company
- Get the name, address and phone number of all witnesses
- Insist that the police take photographs of the scene and vehicles
- Take photographs of your vehicle before it is repaired. If you struck objects inside of your vehicle, take photographs of the interior damage as well. Obtain photos of the at fault driver’s vehicle if possible
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Take photographs of the accident scene as soon as possible. This is especially important if a party is alleging that something at the scene (grass, trees, etc.) caused or contributed to the crash
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster until you have consulted with an attorney and only if he/she okays it
- Do not delay seeking medical treatment, hoping things will get better. Delays in medical treatment will be used against you by insurance companies
- Be sure to report to your doctor how the incident occurred and what your injuries are. Mention all injuries, no matter how minor they are. What seems minor now, can develop into something serious later. Make sure you report any headaches, dizziness, loss of consciousness, confusion, or memory problems, regardless of how minor these may seem at the time
- Do not sign any documents without consulting with an attorney
This a confusing time. If you have questions you want answered by a first rate Car Accident Attorney, call me today at (540) 777-4900 or toll free at 1-877-471-3353. I can provide a free evaluation of your case and tell you what your options are for moving forward.